Sunday 22 April 2012

End of event meme

1. Which hour was the most daunting for you?
Probably the last few, when I was quite tired, and had to struggle not to nod off. Reading light and fun stuff was a good idea.

2) Could you list a few high interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I liked all my books. The Doctor Who book would entertain any fan of the TV series, I think, even if they're not used to the classic series. One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare is a nice romance, if a bit heavier on the angst than some of her other ones. Cinder by Marissa Meyer was a fun reimagining of the classic Cinderella story, and as long as readers don't mind that it's the first in a series (which won't be completed until 2015 at the earliest), it's a good YA sci-fi story. 

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really. I thought it was pretty good both last year and this time. Possibly a clearer schedule of when all the various time zones are supposed to start. 

4) What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
The hourly updates on the blog were really nice. I'm glad I checked them this year.

5) How many books did you read?
5

6) What were the names of the books you read?
Doctor Who and the Daleks (originally titled much more awesomely Doctor Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks) by David Whitaker
One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Empowered volume 2 by Adam Warren
Empowered volume 3 by Adam Warren

7) Which book did you enjoy most?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer

8) Which book did you enjoy least? 
One Dance with a Duke, but that's not saying much, as I enjoyed ALL the books this year.

9) If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?
I was just a Reader, but would just like to encourage the Cheerleaders to keep up their good work.

10) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'm absolutely going to participate again. I hope there's another one in October. I'd be a Reader, because I love the absolute indulgence of devoting that much time to reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment