Sunday 13 October 2013

#Readathon October 2013: Hour twenty-four - the finish line

Pages read in the last hour: 43 - book is really good, but so much stuff is happening, and I'm still tired
Pages read in total: 1198

End of event questionnaire:
1) Which hour was most daunting for you?
This time - hours 23-24. I was still rather tired, and kept almost nodding off. Not as much reading done during the final bit as I hoped.

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for the next year?
If the Reader is a Doctor Who fan, they should absolutely check out Adventures with the Wife in Space by Neil Perryman. I loved it, but I'm not entirely sure it would hold the same interest for a non-fan.
Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone is excellent, but the writing is more complex and it demands a bit more of a reader, so it may not be the best for someone who wants light and easily processed books.

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve Read-a-thon next year?
Nope

4) What do you think worked really well this Read-a-thon?
The posts in advance, "warming up", so to speak, were very good. As were many of the update posts on the main site during the event.

5) How many books did you read?
Four and a quarter

6) What were the names of the books that you read?
Dark Currents by Jacqueline Carey - paranormal/urban fantasy
Adventures with the Wife in Space: Living with Doctor Who by Neil Perryman - non-fiction book about Doctor Who fandom
Love and Other Scandals by Caroline Linden - historical romance novel
Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman and P. Craig Russell - graphic novel
A quarter of Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone - fantasy, possibly murder mystery as well

7) Which book did you enjoy the most?
Adventures with the Wife in Space. So glad I got granted an ARC from NetGalley

8) Which did you enjoy the least?
Murder Mysteries. Not sure I entirely got it

9) Do you have any advice to next year's Cheerleaders?
Same as always - keep up the good work!

10) Are you likely to participate in the Read-a-thon again?
Absolutely. I'm already looking forward to the April event. I will, as always, be a Reader. I'll also try to consolidate my posts more, so I don't spend so much time blogging instead of reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment